Wednesday, July 07, 2010

Yummy!


My son and I made these deeee-licous Raspberry Swirl cupcakes today. Here's the link to the recipe at Eating Well.

Obviously, they take longer than cupcakes out of a box. I like to think of them as the "healthy" alternative to box cupcakes - even though there isn't such a thing as a healthy cupcake. The part that got me was making the raspberry puree. Pushing smashed raspberries through a strainer to get rid of the seeds is a bit more time consuming than I had hoped for. But I think the end result was worth the extra pain and effort. Sounds like childbirth instead of cooking. :)

The homemade frosting is to die for. I think everyone should just make the frosting, put it in a ziploc bag, cut the corner off and squeeze it in their mouth. Dinner is served! :) Hee. Hee.

Hope you enjoy the recipe at some point.

No comments: