Monday, April 12, 2010

Macro Lens on a Budget

If you haven't tried macro photography before and are leery of the investment required to purchase a true macro lens, there's a more affordable way to get your feet wet. Instead of buying an all out macro lens, you can buy what's called a "reverse mount adapter" for your camera lens that gives you the same effect. I  bought my reverse mount from a company called Fotodiox through Amazon. I used my reverse mount on my fixed 50mm f1.4 lens. Here's a link to a site that has an article to help you get started. As promised, here are some more images from the day at Selby. Enjoy! ♥ Note: Not all of the images below are macro. Some I shot with my 50mm without the reverse mount.












I call this one, "Dragonfly Carrying Leopard-Angel-Mermaid" See what I mean?






My absolute fav♥rite image from the day.

No comments: